What are the criteria for becoming an Arkansas Famous and Historic Tree?
- Only living trees that have been planted for a minimum of 5 years will be considered at this time.
- The nominated tree or tree community must:
- 1. Be associated with a significant event in local, state or national history; or
- 2. Be associated with a significant person, institution or landmark in local, state or national history; or
- 3. Be significant with respect to horticultural, ecological or structural characteristics for a local, state or national region; or
- 4. Be able to yield significant cultural information in local, state or national history.
Complete the NOMINATION FORM at this link, and send to Adriane.email@example.com or mail to Arkansas Forestry Commission, 3821 W Roosevelt Road, Little Rock Arkansas 72204 – Attention: Adriane Barnes. With questions, call 501-296-1944.